8/20/13

I'm Dying of Heat!

No filter, just enjoying a lovely night in Costa de Oro

Okay, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but it has been hot today! Not too terrible temperature wise just very very humid, but then again it was humid all the time last year. The weather this year has been a bit cooler and I've seen more rain this past week than in my first month of living in Costa Rica last year.

Hilary playing with our food, this might be why we got along.

Hilary left me this morning. She went back to San Miguel for a couple days before leaving on Friday (?) to go to Manuel Antiono for a couple of days and then heading back to Canada. Yes, we have already planned arrangements for me to move to Vancouver so I be with her ALL THE TIME (I'm not sure if she was aware of that part) and become a Lulu Lemon wearing fashionista (which I already am pretty good at).

Calendar and patrol chart

I've been a little disappointed in the help from the community so far this year. I am taking all suggestions to get more help!!! We had three locals tell us they would help us on Saturday and no one showed up!! Yesterday, we thought one was coming since he asked what time we were working and he didn't come either. Sad face goes here.

With the departure of Hilary, I gained Shane. He is a research assistant from San Miguel sent to help me out for a week. He comes from England where he studies Environmental Science and thinking about maybe going to medical school. He has been in Costa Rica for 9 weeks now and is here for only 3 more before going back to England where he will go one vacation with his girlfriend.

I also had two new volunteers come in this morning. Katherina and Luisa, they are both from Germany and in their gap year (one is just starting and the other is finishing). Katherina was telling me that before she came here she was in LA, I was telling her I grew up just North of LA. Her response, Camarillo? Blew me out of the water, not many people who live in California know where Camarillo is so I was not expecting a German to know. However, she was there for the outlets, go figure, what else is there to do in Camarillo?

Also, while being in Costa Rica, I have decided that Max will be my dog when I get home because I miss him so much. Miya: you can keep Kai, she bites me too much anyways.

My baby boy Max
Snotty nose Kai

Sorry, my blogging has been sporadic. I just figured out how to set up the MiFi today hopefully that will help. BUT with this awesome blog app I can write posts when I don't have internet!! WHOOHOOOO!!!! So really I don't have an excuse!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment