8/17/13

It's raining

Two patrols down only one nest, it's like the turtles know that our hatchery isn't finished yet. I can't wait to finish it.

Just before it started to rain I was working in the hatchery while Dana and Basty packed up their stuff and Hilary was getting in her nap (I had already dozed off while working in the hatchery and then while sitting in a chair reading my book).

Eric came down earlier to pick up Dana and Basty than we had expected. We thought he would be by at like 4 or 5. He found me working in the hatchery and was surprised to see me, guess he wasn't told I was coming back. Eric and I talked about the hatchery, removed a post that had been left from last year to hang the dog hunting hammock Victor was living in, because it had been attracting wasps and because we were raising the hatchery someone was likely to hit their head. We also came up with a plan to get it done sooner. He was also going to get us more sacks for the sand bags yesterday but it was Mother's Day here in Costa Rica and so everything was closed.

BY THE WAY MOM HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY AGAIN!!! thanks for making my car payments for me

Now it is just Hilary in the house tonight. We have plans to go to Laguna Mar for dinner, since it may be her last night patrolling her in Costa de Oro. Though we have 8 beds available we are still only sleeping in the large one in the coordinators room, we found it foolish to get more sheets dirty.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment