8/21/13

Hello Cyberspace Followers

My dad informed me that I am not posting frequently enough, though I'm trying to post as often as I can!!

First rainbow of the season!!

Somethings that people might be wondering about.

Yes the water in the shower is still cold and we don't have any water pressure. Luckily though, Don Victor turned of my running toilet though so that next time the power goes out we won't loose all the water with in the first couple hours. Oh yes, the other night Hilary and I woke up for patrol with no power on. We were able to get ready for patrol but when we got back all the water was gone.

The first thing my parents said to me when they saw me today was, "boy you are tan!" That is because the hatchery still isn't finished and though I try to wear sunscreen (I really do! I don't want to be a wrinkly old raisin when I grow up!) I'm still crisping up under the nice Costa Rican sun, tough life I know. Sorry, but I'm really not sorry.

Baby bird in a nest, all you can see in the nest is the butt

Bug bites. There is definitely a combination of things going on here. I got smart about putting on bug spray when I'm working in the sand (sand fleas and no-seeums) PLUS coconut oil really helps!! I have been wearing that every night before patrol plus shoes and my bites seem to be severally less than last year. And, when I am bitten, the swelling is going down so much quicker than last year. I'm trying not to gouge out my bites, I still have scars that haven't disappeared from last year.

Courtney, people ask where you are all the time. Our neighbors from across the street (the ones from San Jose) are here right now and were asking about you while I was "taking a break" from carrying buckets of sand up to the hatchery. There is also a new male dog on the beach he's yellow like the Tres Hermanas, but has some white markings on his face. I was instructed that I am not to be friends with the dogs, I cannot feed them or pet them and when they come to the house I need to shoo them away. This is hard so I yell nice things to them (learned that from Hilary) and throw some sand. I have to tell volunteers that I really like dogs and I have two very adorable ones at home, which then leads to my slide show of Kai and Max and I turn into the crazy American dog lady, which is the look I'm going for anyways.

Muni picking up trash!!!

My Spanish is getting better, or so I think until a native speaker comes up to me and starts rambling off. I'm able to talk to the people around town for the most part. They know to use simple Spanish and talk to me like a child. Except Don Victor, he continues to use weird words that can't even be found in the Spanish to English dictionary we have at the house.

Municipali came by the other day to collect trash, AND THEY DIDN'T MAKE A MESS!! I was hear probably like a good month and a half before we saw them for the first time last year. I thought Don Victor was pulling my leg when he said they were coming.

I have egg plant in my refrigerator, two of them to be exact. I don't even eat eggplant in the states, so I am taking suggestions on how to cook this delicious (I'm sure) vegetable before it goes bad. I thought it was something random to have received for food as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment