10/15/12

4x4 rally

The most Bro like thing I have done since I've moved home from college. Saturday morning the PRETOMA truck picked us (me and a few volunteers we had) and took us to the rally that was happening just out side of Coyote. Now this rally had been described to me by some ex-pats as a red neck hobby and then cleared it up by saying rich red necks, the Guanacaste peninsula is known for having a red neck population (since we are in the country).

It was quite the experience. We couldn't really see what was going on so a group from Caletes and San Miguel and I decided to walk back into town. It wasn't far but it was still a walk through the mud. There we got to go to the soda for lunch and picked up a few things at Super Rays (the grocery store in Coyote).

It was a lot of fun getting out and hanging out with everyone from other project sites. But needless to say I was unreasonably dirty once I got home and the only way to really clean off was by going for a swim in the ocean (which according to Magic Seaweed is at 85 degrees).

1 comment: