8/14/13

24 hours later

I feel like i often write posts that are titled like this.

I've made it to the PRETOMA office!!! But seriously it was a 24 hour journey. My flight left LAX at 10:15 on Monday night and arrived in Coyote just a little before 10 last night.

The bus journey was an experience. It started off that my taxi drive took me to the wrong bus station, and I think totally ripped me off with how much it cost. So, I had to take another taxi to the right station and I found my bus but waited for 3 hours before we boarded and left. It was seriously the longest three hours ever!! I had been warned that the bus is hot and humid and usually chickens running around, so needless to say I was really confused when it was a charter bus with TVs and AC. It was dark and when I realized we weren't taking the ferry I was concerned that I might only be going to Bejuco, even though I heard other people going to Coyote. I just freak out easily in vehicles I guess, I even have a hard time following the GPS systems in the states because I don't believe them.

This is Luna

I'm in the office now. Have seen Lotti, eaten some food, waiting for Maddie so we can go over the goals for this year before I head into Costa de Oro.

Mom, I know you are always saying no more dogs but the PRETOMA office dog is really cute and she has bat ears. I might steal her.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment