10/10/12

Night off and three hot showers later

Things have been pretty busy around here so I'm slacking on my blog posting. SORRY, I'll get back on it with more constant updates.
Last Thursday I had the day/night off. Since I've been getting homesick I asked mom if I could go stay at Laguna Mar and have a little time to get away from our station house. I was also lucky enough that Courtney's dad Tom was in town (bringing along two of her sisters- one is Miya's friend and just as entertaining as Miya). He brought me goodies from home like senbei, tea, more candy and my new toy, a slackline (thanks dad!). I went with the Kings to lunch at Tangas, a restaurant that has amazing seafood located right on the beach but was closed when Mom and Dad were here. And then Tom took me up to the hotel where I was able to get a room for the night and take a few hot showers and get some French fries. It was an awesome night to get away and Courtney and her sisters came to stay when they got off patrol too. I was so excited to watch E! and see what was going on in the world of celebrity gossip and was lucky enough to Chatham the end of E! news. Next up was the Soup! Except it wasn't Joel McHale and it was in Spanish and a bunch of shows I didn't know. It was a let down so I went to bed in my air-conditioned room and passed out so quickly after being up almost all night the day before. It was a very nice day off and thanks Mom and Dad for letting me go up to Drew's for the night!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you are a slack lining professional by the time you get home!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think I'll be ready for a completion anytime soon

      Delete
  2. Drew's place is paradise. Plain and simple.... you are welcome. Glad it re-energized you for a bit. Love you --- Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. -- Mr. Bear seems to be enjoying the luxury as well!!! <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla, I was just reading your stories, what an adventure! Take care and please have so much funnnn there, V-

    ReplyDelete
  5. What no Kardashians on CR TV? Glad you enjoyed your showers and trash TV anyway. And didn't you get fries twice that day? Remember you got Katrina's at lunch.

    ReplyDelete