10/30/12

Limon Dulces

The kids have taught us about a new fruit we have in our neighborhood. They are called limon dulces and they are pretty good. We have a huge tree down the street and the kids  all took a lot of joy in teaching us how to eat them. They're kind of weird because you suck the juice and pulp out of them but you have to cut off all the skin as well to get to that. Interesting fruit and we do have a huge bag of them now in our house.

We also had the prettiest sunset I've seen in a while. Courtney and I took a walk along the beach home from the tree so that we could see the sunset and not have to make a separate trip later.

Since we were on the beach and I had a model I thought I would grab a picture of the canyon that was created in our yard from the rain about 2 weeks ago. We are now putting it together that we had caught the tail end of Hurricane Sandy. All along the beach, in almost every sector (we've marked the beach in sections 100 meters long for referencing where we find nests), there is a canyon or river-like divot such as ours. I think this one might be the biggest though...

No comments:

Post a Comment